Exporting Your Outlook Express Items
Lets discuss how we can export your address book and your mail accounts to a file. This makes it easier to just restore everything back into Outlook Express. Corporate users and home users need to get their emails back up and running as soon as they have changed pcs / formatted their pc and it is always better to restore mail accounts than to re-create everything.
To export your Address Book to a .csv file do the following:
- Open the File Menu, click Export, and then select Address Book.
- Pick Text File and press Export.
- Select Browse, to find the Mail Backup folder that you've made.
- For the File Name, type Address Book Backup, and select Save.
- Then press Next, to pick what you want to export. When done press Finish and click Ok, and exit the window.
To export your mail account to a file:
- Click Accounts, from the Tools menu. Find the mail account you want to export from the Mail tab.
- In the Save In box, find the Mail Backup folder, and then press Save. Exit the window.
- Repeat these steps for all the other items that you like to export from your Accounts.