How to Maintain Security with Remote Workers
Remote working has seen an unprecedented rise in recent times, especially in the last few months due to COVID-19. With numerous online tools available these days for communication and workflow management, it is easier than ever for employees to work efficiently from their favourite spots.
However, this also raises concern about transmitting sensitive information over Wi-Fi or public network connections. Employees often don’t bother with privacy measures and that leaves your data vulnerable to hacking and cybersecurity attacks. To avoid compromising of your company’s valuable assets, here are few basic tips and suggestions that the remote workers can follow to protect their new work environment:
- Always stay connected to the company’s VPN. This will provide you with an additional security to prevent malicious attacks
- Always use a secure and private home network instead of a public network, making it difficult for cybercriminals to intercept data
- Always work with cloud applications to ensure that your data is being backed up
- Use strong passwords and be wary of phishing e-mails
- Always use the business e-mail to conduct company business
Beyond all these, it is also advisable to train your employees on the best cybersecurity practices on a regular basis. If you need help setting up remote network, schedule a free consultation with us today!